Our Mission, Vision and Covenant
We are a multigenerational, liberal religious community in the Tri-Cities region. We offer a beacon to the religious seeker, supporting and nurturing the individual and collective pursuit of spiritual fulfillment. To achieve this mission, we:
- Empower members, friends, and the surrounding community to think freely, live ethically, and grow spiritually through lifelong learning, as we explore our values, live the principles of Unitarian Universalism, and search for truth and meaning.
- Assemble in supportive and beloved community, sharing life’s joys and sorrows, and embracing all of our wondrous diversity.
- Gather for stimulating worship experiences and rites of passage that inspire and provide opportunities to examine, clarify, and strengthen our personal value systems.
- Create a more just, peaceful and sustainable world through our words of influence, constructive deeds, and engaging love.
We focus on these four social issues in order to improve the community and demonstrate our commitment to the inherent worth and dignity of all people.
- Food and Housing Security
- Environmental Justice
- LGBTQ Justice
- Racial Justice
We are called to a path of love – a love that nourishes our being to its own unique blossoming and over flows to transform our world.
UUFoM Member Covenant
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Midland Covenantal Agreement
- We will treat each other with care and respect
- Engage in direct communication with involved parties
- Respect each other’s roles
- Speak from our own experience
- Show respect for our Sacred Space
- We will listen to each other fully and actively
- Listen deeply
- Assume good intent
- Say only what is truthful, thoughtful, and necessary
- We will create a Beloved Community
- Consider best outcomes for all in dealing with each other
- Ask forgiveness, seek repair, and begin again in love