Elementary (K-1/4-6) with Christina Fairman and Hudson Nummerdor
Secondary (7-9/10-12) with Deborah Dean-Ware and Carolyn Meagher
Honest, accurate information about sexuality changes lives. It dismantles stereotypes and assumptions, builds self-acceptance and self-esteem, fosters healthy relationships, improves decision making, and has the potential to save lives. For these reasons and more, we are proud to offer Our Whole Lives (OWL) Facilitator Training. This is a comprehensive, lifespan sexuality education training for those who would like to teach this curriculum to children and youth.
Training will be offered for Elementary and Secondary Our Whole Lives Facilitation at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Midland & Creative 360 through a joint venture between the United Church of Christ, Midland, and the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Midland.
Participants must attend all sessions of the program to be certified as OWL facilitators.
The training schedule for each age level is:
– Friday 9/27 1:00 – 8:00pm at UUFoM (dinner and snacks provided)
– Saturday 9/28 9:00am – 8:00pm at UUFoM (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks provided)
– Sunday 9/29 12:00 – 3:00pm at Creative 360 (lunch provided)(worship opportunities available at both UCC and UUFoM on Sunday morning)
Cost: $250 per person. Registration fee includes training sessions and all meals and snacks as indicated. Participants are responsible for the required materials, travel, and hotel accommodations. Inexpensive lodging options and home hospitality options available.
Please fill out registration form and complete payment to guarantee a spot at the training by September 6. Register online at https://www.uccmidland.org/our-whole-lives
A special note to members of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Midland who are interested in supporting this training (even if you are not able to attend training yourself):
You too can help support this ministry and the upcoming local training in September!!
* Offer in-home hospitality for out-of-town participants. If you are willing to open space in your home to provide an accessible place to stay contact email@example.com. Participants choosing in-home stay over the cost of a hotel will make a donation of $50 to support OWL programming.
* Donate food, beverage, and snack items to help feed participants while they train. Sign up for needed items at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cDqQgU5fWCTHwqkDzMMh2-cekr2lsq_ddU1F4viA248/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you so much for your continued support of this life-changing program!!!
Jenn Ringgold, Director of Educational Ministries, UCC firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Cleland-Host, Director of Religious Education, UUFoM email@example.com